Donald Cooley is a Springfield, Missouri criminal defense attorney and trial lawyer, with over 38 years of exclusive criminal law experience. Don has extensive federal and state trial experience in a number of criminal defense law practice areas, including white collar crime, drug offenses (possession, trafficking, distribution, and conspiracy), violent felonies (robbery, murder, assault, and kidnapping), DUI, arson, money laundering, firearm and explosive offenses, and computer and internet crimes. While Don’s office is located in Springfield, MO, he has tried numerous complex, felony jury trials nationwide.
Donald R. Cooley
1650 E. Battlefield, Suite 120
Springfield, MO 65804
- J.D., Washington University in St. Louis, 1969
- B.A., Missouri State University, 1966
Professional Affiliations and Bar Admissions:
- Board of Directors, Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (MACDL)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Missouri Bar Association
- Bar Admissions: Missouri, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri, United States Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit
Publications and Lectures:
- Author of prominent legal blog, InternetDrugLaw.com, focusing on pre and post Ryan Haight Act internet pharmacy law from a criminal defense lawyer’s perspective.
- Lecturer on Computer Crimes, St. Louis, MO - Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers’ Seminar.
- Numerous lectures on the following topics: federal conspiracy law, federal and state Fourth Amendment search and seizure issues, internet pornography law, and federal and state drug forfeiture issues.
- Moderator of lecture series on criminal defenses in sex cases.